What is the Young Scholars Program (YSP)?
Since 1988, The Ohio State University Office of Diversity and Inclusion Young Scholars Program, formerly the Office of Minority Affairs, has awarded need-based scholarships to academically gifted, first-generation, underrepresented students from nine urban cities across Ohio, including: Akron, Canton, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dayton, Lorain, Toledo, and Youngstown. The program selects students in the eighth grade and uses in-city workshops, and the Summer Institute and Summer Academy to provide students with programming geared towards college readiness and career exploration. YSP also focuses on matriculation, retention after campus arrival, and completion of a four-year degree.
YSPAS has formed to continue writing the success story of YSP and becoming a member is only $30. Your membership fee is tax-deductible and goes toward the YSPAS endowment. The endowment enhances the experiences of pre-collegiate Young Scholars. It annually disburses funds in support of the Summer Academy, by helping to afford additional resources (e.g., book bags, classroom supplies, and/or transportation). Additional membership benefits are:
- Qualifies you as an Alumni Donor Member of The Ohio State University Alumni Association
- Organized forum for YSP Alumni
- Opportunities to contribute and give back to YSP (e.g., Mentoring)
- Networking with Ohio State alumni, faculty, students, and supporters.
- Ability to connect and build relationships with other society members through our professional LinkedIn Group.
- Exclusive ticket opportunities for Ohio State sporting events through the society.
- Volunteering at various events (e.g., Dinner for 12 Buckeyes, Ohio State Community Day of Service, Summer Bridge Experience Alumni Panel, etc.)
- Ohio State Alumni also receive benefits through Huntington Bank
|Donate $30 now!|
Did you know your $30 membership to the Young Scholars Program Alumni Society can count towards a $150 annual Life Donor membership in the Ohio State University Alumni Association? Learn more about an annual Life Donor membership!